MTA Chief: No More Service Cuts, but Fare Hikes…
(Crain’s) — After a year of service cuts, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority says no more. “I think we’ve heard the voice of the people,” said Jay Walder, the MTA chief executive, speaking Wednesday morning at a Crain’s breakfast forum. “Our intent is not to cut those services any further.” Fare hikes are another matter. Last month, the MTA board approved a variety of Metrocard increases that will go into effect in December. Those include a 17% jump in monthly unlimited cards to $104. More are scheduled for 2013.
SEE ALSO
- Diddy’s Defense Admits Violence But Denies Sex Trafficking In Opening Statements
- Terrence Howard Bashed For Rejecting Marvin Gaye Biopic Over Gay Kiss Scene
- Here’s Why You Should Never Pee In The Shower, According To Health Experts
- Wowzer! 10 Sex Games To Build Trust And Intimacy With Your Partner
- Why Actress Amber Iman Calls ‘Goddess’ A Love Letter To Black Women In Theater [Exclusive]